Author Archives: MikeMeads

One a’for ‘e go

The original Crooked Billet Alehouse located in the marshes at Creekmouth, was first mentioned in 1719 and it, along with the Gunpowder warehouses, was the only building in this lonely and isolated part of Barking before the arrival of the Lawes factory in the 1850’s. Coming and Going During the time of the Barking fishing

Read More