The first Creekmouth School was formed, in the 1870s, by combining three houses in the middle of the ‘back row’, facing the river. Mr John Bennet Lawes furnished the two schoolrooms with desks & chairs and chalk boards for the children. In the late 1890s the Barking School Board closed the little school, forcing the
This is a modern look at the old Creekmouth School, which is now owned by Squibb Demolition and is a private company. Apart from the porch and the new windows, together with the removal of the bell tower, the building is exactly as it was when it was built in 1902.